Ski Jobs & Courses in Canada - Destinations Guide

Canada boasts some world famous ski stations and some of the best heliskiing you can find anywhere.

If you are a British Passport holder, you will normally need a visa to enter Canada for work. You may be eligible to apply via the IEC scheme (International Experience Canada)., for queries regarding visas and work permits here is a link to Canadian Immigration. (Canadian winter jobs run from around May time).

If you go and visit Canada as part of your GAP year, you could do worse than contact operations such as BUNAC and Smaller Earth who will help you sort out your visa.

Resorts vary hugely in Canada. From the relatively tame (but with a great snow park) Canadian Olympic Village (COP) to the renowned heliskiing of British Columbia there is a resort for every level.

The resorts of Canada offer the usual chalet and hotel jobs but are also in the main, pretty handy for the cities where you will always find temporary work and major employers. UK Tour Operators also employ a huge number of staff from the UK who they send out to Canada to run their operations. Look out for the ski stations themselves, Crystal Holidays and First Choice ski.

For a fee you could pay to do a ski or snowboard instructor course with any number of training companies based out here. Courses run from 4 weeks to 3 months and sometimes have work experience and even a guaranteed job in with the price (make sure you shop around and read our guide to doing ski instructor courses).

Next Steps