As an Activity Leader at Samiad Summer School, you will be an essential part of our dynamic team, responsible for creating memorable experiences for our international students. You will lead and organise a wide range of physical and social activities that promote language development, personal growth, and cultural exchange among our diverse group of young learners. This role offers a unique opportunity to inspire and educate while working in a fun and supportive environment
Role and Responsibilities
- Under the guidance of the Activity Coordinator, develop creative and age-appropriate activities.
- You will be given the chance to bring your own ideas
- Deliver activities from our balanced schedule of activities that cater to various interests and abilities.
- Lead and supervise activities ensuring fun and the safety and well-being of all students.
- Encourage participation, engagement, and language practice among students.• Communicate effectively with colleagues, providing feedback and insights to enhance the overall experience.
- Be outgoing, fun and a friendly face for the students to approach with any concerns or questions
- Lead and supervise excursions once a week, ensuring the safety and well-being of all students.
- Take on responsibilities for house duties, such as wake-up routines and oversight, contributing to the overall goal of promoting a positive atmosphere within our summer schools.
- Help with arrivals and departures of students
- Carry out all other reasonable tasks
Qualifications and Essential Requirements
- No formal qualifications required.
- DBS checks will be carried out.
- Experience working with groups of children.
- Coaching qualification/experience or studying in this field.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, and a passion for working with young people.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic and multicultural environment.
- A positive attitude and excellent communication skills.
- First Aid/CPR certification (preferred, but not required).
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Patient and empathetic.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
Must have the right to work in the UK
Hours of work
Activity leaders are scheduled for 18 sessions per week, including preparation time and two meal times daily. Each day is divided into three sessions — morning, afternoon, and evening. Pay starts at (£325) per week, inclusive of food and accommodation
All Activity Leaders will receive one full day off, and an evening off per week.
- Accommodation and meals provided during the summer program.
- Opportunities for professional development and training.
- Uniform tops and hoodies are provided.
- Laundry service is provided 2 times per week.
- Gym Access (location depending).
Samiad Summer School
Activity Leader Jobs, Camp Counsellor Jobs, Lifeguard Jobs
£325 per week Food and Accommodation included