~ Please only apply to 1 of our job listings, we will consider you for all roles you're suitable for. ~
Alderney and The Georgian House
Looking for somewhere new to explore? Keen to live a short walk from beautiful white sand beaches? Searching for a place where you can find the perfect life-work balance whilst saving money and working alongside a team of like minded people? Join our team on Alderney, in The Channel Islands. Alderney has something for everyone: stunning beaches, wildlife, history, plentiful restaurants, pubs, beach BBQs, sports, camping, fishing, a week long summer festival, and a cosy winter season.
We want our staff to embrace island life and the community – there is plenty to do and the more you put in, the more you get out!
Responsibilities (not limited to)
- The job will be varied, and you will need to be flexible and enthusiastic to fit with the Georgian House ethos.
- Serving a range of drinks from ales to cocktails.
- Assisting bar manager with development of drinks list and cocktail menu.
- Delivering exceptional customer service.
- Working alongside floor staff to dispense drinks for the restaurant.
- Handling of cash and till management.
- Maintaining a clean bar area, changing barrels, maintaining taps and topping up fridges and shelves.
- Assisting with stock taking and wine deliveries.
- Understanding and application of health and hygiene.
Skills and experience needed (not limited to)
- 1-2 years bar experience ideally in a restaurant setting.
- Knowledge of wine and cocktail experience preferred.
- Great people skills and an outgoing manner.
- Motivation, organisational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Passion, enthusiasm and energy.
- The ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Can work hard but most importantly have fun!
- Competitive salary plus tips paid weekly.
- 5 days work per week, 2 days off.
- Discounts on food and beverage at The Georgian House.
- Staff accommodation.
- Accommodation discounts for family and friends.
- Holiday pay.
- Professional development opportunities.
When applying, please include the following in your cover letter (please note we will not consider applications without a cover letter)
- Where are you currently based?
- Do you have the right to live and work in the UK?
- What appeals to you about working on Alderney?
- What dates are you available to work from and until?
- Why do you think you’re the right person for this role?
Other positions are also available at our sister businesses on Alderney - please send an email for more information.