IMPORTANT INFORMATION – Please read before proceeding with your application.
- Please avoid submitting multiple applications - Only apply for the job you are most suited for. You will have the option to note interest in alternative roles during the application process.
- To work for Neilson, you MUST be over the age of 18 on or before the date you are available to start work.
- We are a UK-based company operating within the EU - To obtain the required legal documents to work for Neilson, you MUST hold a valid UK or EU passport. Alternatively, you must already have the legal right to work in either Greece, Italy, or Croatia.
This is the advanced level position on the Tennis Team. To be considered you will need a valid First Aid certificate and the following qualifications:
- RPT Level 3, LTA Level 3 or Equivalent.
- Please see our Level 1 & 2 Tennis Coach roles if you are not Level 3 qualified.
Our motivated, professional Tennis Team represent and deliver an exceptional programme of high standard tuition to Neilson guests of all ages and abilities.
Ideally, we're looking for full-season coaches from April to early November. We will consider candidates with shorter availability dates, but operationally, those with a combination of the best dates and qualifications will always take preference.
Former world No. 80 Mark Petchey has developed our tennis programme. As a former GB Davis Cup tennis player and Andy Murray's former coach, Mark has incorporated a wealth of technical and tactical knowledge.
We also work with RPT Europe founder Adrian Rattenbury, providing our Tennis Coaches with the best training in the business and our guests with the world's most successful methods available to help improve their game.
Working for Neilson is more than a job; it's a lifestyle. Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful beach club resorts, where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there's always plenty of time to play.
We're looking for friendly, energetic, and approachable people who can build rapport with ease. Individuals who can instil confidence that every element of a Neilson holiday is delivered by a team who cares.
Please note: All Neilson Active staff are DBS-checked.
Our Tennis Programme includes:
Private Coaching: Guests can book private sessions with our coaches. This individual attention will further develop their skills and iron out any kinks in their game.
Premium Tennis: Premium Tennis is for regular players looking for intensive coaching. These sessions run for two hours daily with groups of up to eight.
Tennis for Juniors & Teens: Kids aged between six and seventeen will take part in our specific Junior/Teen Tennis programme. These sessions run two to four times per week in peak season.
Tennis for kids: Children as young as two will get an introduction to tennis with our coaches as part of the Kid's Club programme. These sessions include plenty of tennis-based games to keep the kids smiling.
Tennis weeks with Mark Petchey: Throughout the season, Mark Petchy will host exclusive Tennis weeks, giving our guests a chance to gain top tips and hit a few balls with the man himself.
Pickleball: In selected resorts, adults and children can take part in our inclusive Pickleball programme.
Job Criteria & Responsibilities
- To deliver outstanding Tennis coaching in line with the Neilson programme.
- Prepare suitable experience and ability-based sessions for adults and children.
- Organise and operate a programme incorporating group coaching, free play, social tennis, a weekly tennis tournament, and private lessons.
- Actively promote the tennis programme to increase participation.
- Ensure tennis supplies are always well monitored and stocked.
- Inform the line manager promptly when orders are required.
- To assist with training new or peak season coaches with the knowledge and skills to deliver the Neilson tennis programme.
- To ensure the highest standard of health and safety is adhered to.
- To fully advise guests on the practical/safe use of all equipment.
- Take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair, and security of all Neilson Tennis equipment.
- Ensure that the appearance of the Tennis areas always meets guest expectations.
- To organise/host social events and briefings.
- Be prepared to move between resorts according to the operational needs of the business.
- Be flexible and willing to assist in all duties as requested by your line manager.
- Airport transfers - As the first point of guest contact, you'll be confident and consistently deliver excellent, personable, informative, and efficient airport transfers to and from the resort.
First Aid Certificate
A First Aid certificate is a prerequisite for ALL Neilson Active job roles. Your certificate MUST be valid for the duration of your contract, which we will validate as part of your onboarding process. At a minimum, your First Aid Course MUST be an attended full-day practical course.
We also encourage anyone working closely with children to consider obtaining their Paediatric First Aid at Work certificate; however, this is not an obligation for the job.
You can search for First Aid at work courses via the link below:
Qualifications & Experience Required
- RPT Level 3, LTA Level 3 or Equivalent.
- Level 1 or above Pickleball qualification - Highly beneficial.
- Experience coaching intermediate to advanced adult players and children of all abilities.
- An understanding of current tennis developments.
- Detailed knowledge of the British playing system.
- A solid understanding and expertise covering the use of the Tennis equipment and the associated safety procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Flexible to work all the required hours with your team to get the job done well.
- Ability to deliver fun, engaging, safe and informative tuition.
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation and instruct in English.
- The ability to work well, independently, as part of a team, and to maintain effective working relationships.
- Please see the qualifications overview linked here: https://jobs.neilson.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/Qualification-Guidance.pdf
Working for Neilson
There is so much to be gained from working anywhere within our programme. The people skills, the life skills, the confidence you'll develop, and the overall experience will stay with you forever. You’ll have the time of your life, you’ll make a bunch of new mates, you’ll enjoy mad adventures, and you’ll create stories you’ll be telling for years.
The package includes:
- Highly competitive salary
- Shared accommodation is provided – No bills to stress about.
- Meals included - Breakfast, lunch, and dinner while on duty.
- Inclusive travel to and from resort.
- Any visa/permit requirements will be sorted for you (UK Passport holders).
- Full training, including E-learning packages.
- Progression via our jump up/Jump higher programmes.
- Your uniform is provided specific to your role.
- Days off & holidays.
- Mate's rates & family holiday discounts.
- Emergency medical & dental insurance (UK residents)*.
- Neilson Academy – Opportunities to obtain additional qualifications.
- Feel free to use the resort equipment in your spare time if it's available.
*EU residents are required to make separate insurance arrangements - The HR team will provide more details after a job is offered.
Neilson Active Holidays
Tennis Coach - Level 3
Traditional sports jobs
Multi sports, Tennis, Working with children
April – November
Up to £670 PCM gross + Shared accommodation + flights, meals + great overall package