IMPORTANT INFORMATION – Please read before proceeding with your application.
- Please avoid submitting multiple applications - Only apply for the job you are most suited for. You will have the option to note interest in alternative roles during the application process.
- To work for Neilson, you MUST be over the age of 18 on or before the date you are available to start work.
- We are a UK-based company operating within the EU - To obtain the required legal documents to work for Neilson, you MUST hold a valid UK or EU passport. Alternatively, you must already have the legal right to work in either Greece, Italy, or Croatia.
Your Ski Team will spend the entire summer driving the best boats in the business, riding frequently, and spreading their passion for the sport.
You'll motivate and inspire your team to ensure they deliver safe, fun, and engaging Waterski/Wakeboard tuition. We expect our teams to go above and beyond to create an unforgettable holiday experience for our guests.
Picture yourself on an idyllic sandy beach in the hot Greek sun or at the foot of the mountains in one of Croatia's most significant national parks; this would be your office! A season with Neilson allows you to work in unique locations overseas while dedicating your days to shredding on glassy water.
Your team is always ready to look after guests of all abilities out on the water, ranging from complete beginners to seasoned pros. Whether you’re putting their skis on for the first time ever or teaching them their next invert on a wakeboard, every day brings a new reward.
Ideally, we're looking for full-season staff from April to early November. We will consider candidates with shorter availability dates, but operationally, those with a combination of the best dates and qualifications will always take preference.
Working for Neilson is more than a job; it's a lifestyle. Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful beach club resorts, where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there's always plenty of time to play.
We're looking for friendly, energetic, and approachable people who can build rapport with ease. Individuals who can instil confidence that every element of a Neilson holiday is delivered by a team who cares.
Please note: All Neilson Active staff are DBS-checked.
Job Criteria & Responsibilities
- You’ll train, motivate, and appraise the Waterski/Wakeboard team.
- You'll ensure the highest levels of instruction and assume responsibility for the development of your instructors.
- To deliver outstanding Waterski/Wakeboard Instructor instruction in line with the BWSW syllabus.
- To rotate within the team and to take responsibility for coaching, driving, and spotting.
- You'll greet the guests on the pontoon, take bookings, and prepare people for their tow.
- To ensure that the appearance of the pontoon and Waterski Centre always meets guest expectations.
- To support set up, pack up, and assistance of all guests using our equipment and facilities each day.
- Assist in preparing, organising, delivering, and running activities on and off the water.
- Prepare suitable experience and ability-based sessions.
- To ensure the highest standard of health and safety is adhered to.
- To fully advise guests on the practical/safe use of all equipment.
- Take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair, and security of all Neilson equipment.
- To organise/host social events and briefings.
- Be prepared to move between resorts according to the operational needs of the business.
- Be flexible and willing to assist in all duties as requested by your line manager.
- Airport transfers - As the first point of guest contact, you'll be confident and consistently deliver excellent, personable, informative, and efficient airport transfers to and from the resort.
First Aid Certificate
A valid First Aid certificate is a prerequisite for ALL Neilson Active job roles. The First Aid certificate acquired with your Watersports Instructor qualification is valid for three years, so please ensure that your First Aid is up to date.
If your First Aid has expired, you must identify a course that covers the BWSW First Aid requirements via the website linked below:
Qualifications & Experience Required
- British Water Ski & Wakeboard (UKCC) Level 2 Instructor or equivalent.
- British Water Ski & Wakeboard (BWSW) Ski Boat Driver Award (SBD2) or equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of the BWSW syllabus.
- Skilled ski boat driver – Please note: Permission to drive ski boats in Greece is subject to local legislation.
- You will gain plenty of experience and put your qualifications to the test while working for Neilson; however, any previous experience working in a Waterski/Wakeboarding environment is desirable.
- A solid understanding and knowledge covering the use of Waterski/Wakeboarding equipment and the associated safety procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Flexible to work all the required hours with your team to get the job done well.
- Ability to deliver fun, engaging, safe and informative tuition.
- To be skilled in safety procedures and on-water rescue practice.
- Knowledge of the current Waterski/Wakeboarding industry is desirable.
- Ability to assist your guests with Waterski/Wakeboarding kit.
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation and instruct in English.
- The ability to work well, independently, as part of a team, and to maintain effective working relationships.
- Please see the qualifications overview linked here: https://jobs.neilson.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/Qualification-Guidance.pdf
If you would like to gain the required qualifications for this job, please contact BWSW via the link below:
Working for Neilson
There is so much to be gained from working anywhere within our programme. The people skills, the life skills, the confidence you'll develop, and the overall experience will stay with you forever. You’ll have the time of your life, you’ll make a bunch of new mates, you’ll enjoy mad adventures, and you’ll create stories you’ll be telling for years.
The package includes:
- Highly competitive salary
- Shared accommodation is provided – No bills to stress about.
- Meals included - Breakfast, lunch, and dinner while on duty.
- Inclusive travel to and from resort.
- Any visa/permit requirements will be sorted for you (UK Passport holders).
- Full training, including E-learning packages.
- Progression via our jump up/Jump higher programmes.
- Your uniform is provided specific to your role.
- Days off & holidays.
- Mate's rates & family holiday discounts.
- Emergency medical & dental insurance (UK residents)*.
- Neilson Academy – Opportunities to obtain additional qualifications.
- Feel free to use the resort equipment in your spare time if it's available.
*EU residents are required to make separate insurance arrangements - The HR team will provide more details after a job is offered.
Neilson Active Holidays
Watersports centre jobs
Management, Wakeboarding, Waterskiing
April – November
Up to £800 PCM gross + Shared accommodation + flights, meals + great overall package