Background information on
Neilson Active Holidays
NEILSON are proud to be one of the leading specialists in activity holidays around the globe.
SO WHO ARE NEILSON?
Neilson are the Active Holiday specialists.
As an award-winning active holiday company, we deliver holidays that give an “I did it!” feeling. Our laid back, give-it-a-go approach means our resorts feel like a home from home (with the bonus of being in a stunning beach resort!) for our guests and staff alike.
Year after year guest’s love to return to our resorts to experience the expertise of our resort teams, whether it’s for a top-notch sailing lesson from our qualified RYA instructors or a delicious cocktail freshly served by our experienced bar team.
Neilson is bursting with opportunities to hone your personal and professional skills. Never windsurfed before? Give it a go! Looking for an exciting and rewarding job role? This is it!
If you are the type of person that puts the words ‘can’ and ‘do’ together, then we may have the perfect opportunity for you.
THINK YOU’VE GOT WHT IT TAKES?
- All Neilson staff, whatever their role, will come into regular contact with our guests and other staff, and should possess strong yet natural interpersonal skills. We're looking for warm, enthusiastic and approachable types, so that our guests always feel welcome and confident that every element of their holiday are being delivered by people that care. The way we look after our guests (and each other) is a vital element in the delivery of our holidays.
- We're looking for naturally friendly people who have a passion for learning and looking after guests, who really believe they can make a great contribution to our award winning team.
- Go-getters who want to achieve, who like to have fun.
- People who look after themselves and take pride in their appearance. Those with the right attitude as well as aptitude.
- With Neilson, you'll also be expected to be passionate about the range of activities available. We're looking for individuals who demonstrate a desire to get involved, further their skills, and share their enthusiasm and expertise with our guests.
If you think you see yourself in the above, then we'd love to hear from you.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- We're very much aware that without our exceptional team of people, our holidays would be much like everyone else's. Instead, through ensuring provision of great working conditions and career opportunities, we attract and retain the very best people, who together create unparalleled holiday experiences. We make sure our holidays are really accessible, fun and truly memorable for all our guests and provide amazing experiences for our staff too.
- Most of our recruitment and HR team have worked overseas so we know first hand exactly what it’s like when we are selecting, training and developing our overseas teams
- We provide the chance to learn new skills in a friendly and informal, yet professional, atmosphere. From beginners to experts alike, we make active holidays really accessible.
- With our Summer and Winter programmes we are able to provide our staff with year round seasonal employment.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to all of the following:
- Bonus - You can earn yourself a bonus on successful completion of the season. It is performance based. The better you perform the better bonus you receive!
- Holiday - all employees are entitled to leave in addition to their day off per week. For summer employees, this would include a paid time off during the season.
- Accommodation - good standard provided, often with two people sharing a room. Managers occupy single accommodation. Accommodation afloat for flotilla crews is based on a minimum of three to a yacht.
- Travel - we arrange travel from the UK to your overseas resort and back at the end of your contract. We also contribute to travel expenses to your UK departure airport.
- Insurance - Company insurance looks after any emergency medical and emergency dental expenses, along with personal belongings cover.
- Uniform- a stylish, comfortable uniform is provided for you to wear when on duty.
- Activities - for ski season staff we will provide a local lift pass for your local ski area and ski and boot hire will be provided for the season. For summer season staff, all equipment is available for use in your free time if not being used by guests - you could gain RYA qualifications over the summer at no cost.
TRAINING, DEVELOPMENT AND CAREER PROGRESSION
- We'll ensure that you're properly trained in all aspects of your role, ready to meet our guest expectations and satisfying all legal requirements.
- We have a commitment to the ongoing development of our staff, promoting from within more often than not for supervisory and management!
- We attract and retain the very best people, retaining about 75% of out staff from season to season whilst offering year round work to those who want it!
- Like what you see, then we’d like to hear from you, just complete the online application, NOW!
For further information see our company websitehttp://www.neilson.co.uk/recruitment