Background information on
Neilson Active Holidays
About Neilson Active Holidays
With Neilson Active Holidays, you'll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there's always plenty of time to play. You'll need to be a natural communicator who can interact confidently.
We are bursting at the seams with incredible opportunities, and we strive to be the best active company to work for and the first choice for anyone considering working overseas.
The life skills & the experience to be gained from working anywhere within our programme are priceless. You'll likely find a confidence you never knew you had, which will stay with you throughout your future career path.
What characteristics are required?
Qualifications and skills are essential; however, the main attribute we want to see shining through is personality.
We're in the business of providing unforgettable holidays, so the ability to display the following characteristics is essential.
- Outgoing with a great sense of humour, a great work ethic and the right attitude
- Likeable, charismatic, and able to bring a bit of individual magic to the team
- Able to bring out the best in others
- Caring with a contagious personality and tonnes of enthusiasm
- Willing to learn, develop your skills and share your expertise
- Honest, genuine, and kind-hearted with a friendly, helpful nature
- A grafter! Someone who's not scared of hard work, always ready to roll up your sleeves and to get stuck in
- Always striving to be the best and able to have fun while you do it
- Happy to take ownership of your responsibilities and to get the job done right every time
- Conscientious, a problem solver and able to make good use of your common sense
- Able to do the right thing and always willing to ask when you're not sure
- Punctual, accountable, and sensible when required
- Well-mannered with a positive outlook on life and a willingness to deliver outstanding holidays
- Happy to play your part in creating an unparalleled holiday experience for our guests
What do we offer?
In addition to one of the most competitive seasonal packages in the industry, we offer you the perfect opportunity to develop your career, gain additional qualifications, and learn loads of new skills along the way!
Summer roles are available at various resorts in Greece, Sardinia, and Croatia, where we operate Beach Club and Flotilla holidays. Activities available include sailing, windsurfing, biking, kayaking, fitness, tennis, and diving. We offer beginner's courses, advanced coaching or simply the freedom to sail, bike or dive with our superb range of equipment.
Reasons to work for Neilson:
We'll provide your return flights from a UK airport (Inc 20kg luggage). Alternatively, you can receive a travel allowance if you're taking a road trip out to the resort.
We'll organise a place for you to call home and to share your adventures with new friends. The specific arrangements for this differ from resort to resort.
Inclusive breakfast, lunch, and dinner
We provide you with three meals a day, seven days per week. Our resort canteens will serve meals and include a mixture of local cuisine and the occasional treat to keep you going all season long.
(Please note that certain resorts have different arrangements)
Money in your pocket
We offer a competitive monthly salary paid directly into your designated bank account.
Exclusive friends & family discount
We offer a 10% discount on our holidays for friends and family of Neilson employees. Invite your nearest to dearest to come and check out the Neilson experience.
Peace of mind
Our company insurance covers you for the duration of your contract, including emergency medical. We'll also arrange any work permits as required for UK passport holders.
Training & Development – Be the Best
We'll help you develop your skills and get to grips with your job role. You'll receive training and all the additional support.
Discover your new thing
Discover your new passion. Use your spare time to take advantage of all the available activities.
Well-deserved 'chill' time
You'll enjoy one day off per week, plus an additional paid holiday during the summer. Head out, explore the local area, and chill out on the beach. During the winter, hit the mountain all day long and follow that up with some serious après ski.
The applications for summer 2023 are now open. The first step on the ladder is to complete an online application. Please ensure that you research the business and specific job role information via the Neilson job site linked below prior to submitting your online application. Always apply for the role that most suits your skill set, personality, experience, and qualifications.
If you pass the first stage of the application, you will be invited to complete and submit an online video interview. Please use this opportunity to show us why you're the best person for the job.
Eligibility & Availability
We welcome applications from all UK citizens, persons of dual nationality to an EU nation, and those with relevant work visas to work in the EU legally.