Family Ski Company specialises in providing catered chalet holidays with a flexible programme of childcare. The Chalet Manager is responsible for ensuring our high standards throughout the chalet operations within the resort.
Responding calmly to changing circumstances and maintaining team morale and guest satisfaction is an essential part of the job, Chalet Managers help with training the team and must set and maintain high standards whilst ensuring their team have the necessary resources, skills and support to carry out their jobs in a happy and professional environment. This role is best suited to someone with a few seasons under their belt.
Key duties of role
- To have overall responsibility for the 7-10 catered chalets within Resort.
- To aide the Resort Manager to help effectively manage, direct and support the Chalet team with responsibility for their motivation and performance.
- To quality control cleaning standards in all chalets.
- To provide a key point of communication between the Chalet team and the Resort Manager/Operations team
- To regularly liaise with the Chalet team in regards to food standards and quality and assist in the chalets where necessary
- To ensure that all Chalet paperwork is being completed and submitted
- To assist the Resort Manager in any other areas required
Who do we look for?
Chalet Managers are expected to be approachable, responsible and diplomatic.
The position involves a great deal of organisation and planning in addition to a good knowledge of Cooking and cleaning standards. The role requires strong people management skills combined with knowledge of Chalet tour operators.
- A confident manager who can keep calm under pressure with an energetic and positive outlook
- Proven experience in a supervisory role is an advantage
- Experience of the hospitality industry/catering and in providing excellent customer service
- Strong knowledge of food and wine is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- To be proactive and to have excellent problem solving ability
Requirements and Preferences
- It is required that you hold a full EU Driving Licence, a UK National Insurance number, UK bank account, and an UK passport.
- Due to the nature of our business all employees must hold a recent DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) enhanced disclosure and certificate – we can assist with this process.
Our Chalet Managers usually come out before the Chalet team to help set up, learn about the company processes and assist with training.
We provide first aid training and level 2 hygiene to every member of our team.
We offer a very competitive wage as well as:
- Transport to and from the UK at the beginning and at the end of the season.
- A full season lift pass
- Insurance that covers skiing accidents and emergency medical cover
- Ski equipment for the full season
- Accommodation and all food.
- One and a half days off per week (this is more than the standard single day most companies offer as well as staggered shifts allowing for skiing around work duties)
We have an excellent reputation in the industry for treating our teams very well and with great respect