Join the team at Bawdsey Manor, Woodbridge as a Cook and produce good, tasty food for the guests and staff at PGL’s outdoor activity centre.
This unique role is offered as a permanent position with an annual salary of £26,200, working 42 hours over 5 days. Free meals during shifts and free uniform are included.
PGL’s guests spend their days in the great outdoors building up a large appetite so our Cooks are crucial in keeping our staff and guests happy. You’ll delegate and assist catering staff to ensure meals are prepared in a timely manner.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparing food and managing the catering team to provide excellent food and service.
- Conducting training and overseeing the catering team.
- Managing financial aspects to ensure effective cost control.
- Managing and developing yourself as an individual.
What we are looking for:
- You’ll have experience of complying with Food Safety Management Systems and of dealing with dietary requirements.
- It’s desirable you have experience of working in a similar high-volume catering environment.
- Plus, excellent organisational and people management skills, and the ability to work under pressure.
Successful applicants are required to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure, which PGL will pay for. You need to possess the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for employment with PGL. PGL is committed to the principles of equality and diversity and welcome applicants from all sectors of the community, including those with disabilities.