Summer Hotel Receptionist (French Speaker)
An opportunity to spend the summer season in the Alps!
Two positions available
Alpes Adventures operate two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value accommodation.
The ***Hotel Terminus Mont Blanc is located in Le Fayet, St. Gervais situated between Megeve and Chamonix. There are 36 en-suite bedrooms, dining room, lounge + bar, games room and a hot tub and steam room. Open all year round. Position available from April to November. (Position filled).
The **Hotel l’Aigle is located high in the Maurienne Valley at Valmeinier 1800 with spectacular views and direct access onto the mountains. The hotel has 40 en-suite bedrooms, dining room, lounge + bar, games room and an outdoor hot tub overlooking the mountains. Open July and August.
We are looking for candidates with a wide breath of skills wishing to experience a summer in the Alps. You will not be afraid of hard work and have the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well as have a sense of fun!
You will be involved in the whole hotel and booking operation. Duties include:
- Welcoming and conversing with the clients.
- Running the reception desk on a rota basis. Client check-in/out, preparing departure invoices, taking payments, answering the telephone and email booking requests, general correspondence and office duties as required.
- Providing clients with exceptional customer service, handling any issues with courtesy and diplomacy.
- Serve hot and cold beverages from the bar.
- Use the in-house booking system.
- Responding to any client requests such as maintenance and housekeeping issues, providing local information, restaurant reservations, taxi transfers, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of reception and surrounding areas, updating notice board displays and replenishment of literature.
- Liaising with suppliers, placing orders and checking deliveries.
- Working well within the team and supporting other hotel operations when required, which may include housekeeping, bar and kitchen duties.
What we are looking for
- Possession of an EU or UK passport. (For UK nationals working in France we need to obtain a work permit and visa on your behalf, unless you have a Carte de Sejour/Titre de Sejour. All staff will be on a French contract).
- Fluency in French and English both written and verbal is essential to a high standard.
- Must be fully vaccinated with proof.
- Previous experience in hospitality and customer service industries.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time-management skills.
- Excellent computer skills (particularly Excel) organisation and administration skills.
- Confident working in a pressured working environment.
- Full clean driving licence and experience of driving overseas/mountains is desirable.
In addition to the security of working for an independent, family run firm with over forty years’ experience where you are a valued member of the team and not just a number, the main benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- All meals and accommodation (on a shared basis depending on role)
- Contribution for travel to and from resort
- Medical insurance (if not covered by the state)
- Hotel bar discount
- Family and friends accommodation discount
- A local summer Walker’s Lift Pass
- Getting out and about in the Alps!