Summer Hotel Kitchen Assistant
An opportunity to spend the summer season in the Alps!
Two positions available
Alpes Adventures operate two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value accommodation.
The ***Hotel Terminus Mont Blanc is located in Le Fayet, St. Gervais situated between Megeve and Chamonix. There are 36 en-suite bedrooms, dining room, lounge + bar, games room and a hot tub and steam room. Open all year round. Position available from May to September.
The **Hotel l’Aigle is located high in the Maurienne Valley at Valmeinier 1800 with spectacular views and direct access onto the mountains. The hotel has 40 en-suite bedrooms, dining room, lounge + bar, games room and an outdoor hot tub overlooking the mountains. Open summer..
We are looking for candidates with a wide breath of skills wishing to experience a summer in the Alps. You will not be afraid of hard work and have the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well as have a sense of fun!
- Working as a team with the cook to prepare a range of high standard wholesome meals for all clients and staff.
- Washing up.
- Ensure kitchen and storage areas are kept clean and safe, meeting statutory health and safety requirements.
- During the off peak season be responsible for breakfast prep, staff meals.
- Working well within the team and supporting other hotel operations when required, which may include housekeeping and bar.
What we are looking for
- Possession of an EU or UK passport. (For UK nationals working in France we need to obtain a work permit and visa on your behalf, unless you have a Carte de Sejour/Titre de Sejour. All staff will be on a French contract).
- Fluency in English both written and verbal is essential.
- Must be fully vaccinated with proof.
- Previous experience in hospitality.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time-management skills.
- Confident working in a pressured working environment.
- Full clean driving licence and experience of driving overseas/mountains is desirable.
- Knowledge of French is extremely desirable.
In addition to the security of working for an independent, family run firm with over forty years’ experience where you are a valued member of the team and not just a number, the main benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- All meals and accommodation (on a shared basis depending on role)
- Contribution for travel to and from resort
- Medical insurance (if not covered by the state)
- Hotel bar discount
- Family and friends accommodation discount
- A local summer Walker’s Lift Pass
- Getting out and about in the Alps!