BeyondBeach are looking for an enthusiastic and hard working individual. You’ll be supporting the waterfront team to create a professional and safe environment in which to deliver a range of activities to all of our guests. This is an independent role, where you will often work without direct supervision. There are a number of important and critical tasks that must be dealt with each week to ensure all equipment is safe to use. The safe operation of activities is hugely dependent on a strong and successful maintenance program.
You will need to be confident using tools, be eager to learn new skills, have basic computer skills, have excellent time management skills and have a strong awareness of the importance of H&S systems. Full training for job specific skills such as board repair, powerboat care and boat checks will be given, but you must be confident that learning practical skills like these are something you will embrace and understand.
Your primary role is to ensure that as much equipment as possible is available to guests at any one time. You will need to repair equipment quickly, but also to a high standard. This will include the repair of windsurf boards, sailing boats, paddle boards, kayaks, powerboat hulls, powerboat engines etc. In addition to direct repair work you will take on broader responsibilities linked to equipment care such as: routine cleaning, spares ordering, stock checks, toolinventories, record keeping and fuel deliveries. You will need to be someone that understands the importance of record keeping and ensuring that archived documents create a strong paperwork trail to call back on when needed.
There are two secondary aspects of the role, General DIY and Watersports Assistant. Examples of tasks that may fall under General DIY are – painting walls, fixing staff house issues, creating mooring weights, building racks and making signage. For the Watersports Assistant element you may be required to work with the beach team at busy times, as a minimum you will work 1.5 days per week helping on the waterfront.
You will help the Beach Club Managers and Supervisors to motivate the team to show respect and care for the equipment. In order to support this aim you will be heavily involved in the early season staff training, regarding equipment care. You will also be responsible for the set up and pack up of the equipment at the start and end of each season.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Ensure your workshop area is clean and tidy at all times
- Weekly stock check your workshop supplies and tools
- Weekly stock check beach club tools
- Weekly stock check of equipment spares
- Request spares orders and supplies as needed
- Weekly powerboat service including basic engine checks and flushing
- Organise fuel deliveries and safe storage
- Equipment repair
- General site DIY
- Care of company cars
- Assist beach staff with the guest program
- Create Risk Assessments for your areas of work
- Confident using a variety of tools
- Basic computer skills
- Proven experience of successful DIY/Maintenance work
- Strong understanding of COSHH and safe working practices
- Experience of watersports (desirable)
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- A valid UK or International driving licence
Key Package Info
- Visa funding
- Flights provided
- Accommodation provided
- Variable meal allowances depending on job role
- Competitive salary
- Free use of hotel pools and watersports equipment
If this sounds like the job for you then please get in touch today, head to our website to read the full job description and package details.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Don't delay apply today....
- Step 1: Click APPLY FOR THIS JOB to complete name and contact details.
- Step 2: Click APPLY NOW to complete the full job application form.
Beach Club Maintenance Support
Summer resort jobs
Campsite Jobs, Maintenance Operatives, Sports Instructor Positions
April - October