IMPORTANT INFORMATION – Please read before proceeding with your application.
- Please avoid submitting multiple applications - Only apply for the job you are most suited for. You will have the option to note interest in alternative roles during the application process.
- To work for Neilson, you MUST be over the age of 18 on or before the date you are available to start work.
- We are a UK-based company operating within the EU - To obtain the required legal documents to work for Neilson, you MUST hold a valid UK or EU passport. Alternatively, you must already have the legal right to work in either Greece, Italy, or Croatia.
Beach Manager is our senior Beach Team role. You will need to lead, motivate and inspire your team, so we are looking for reliable, confident, friendly characters with a mature attitude and substantial experience within the active sports environment.
You'll be enthusiastic, approachable, and capable of successfully leading your team to deliver our full range of beach and watersports activities to guests of all ages in a professional, safe, and fun environment.
You'll work closely with your Activity Manager to develop and coordinate the watersports programme following the RYA syllabus/Neilson programme in all weather conditions.
Ideally, we're looking for full-season staff from April to early November. We will consider candidates with shorter availability dates, but operationally, those with a combination of the best dates and qualifications will always take preference.
Working for Neilson is more than a job; it's a lifestyle. Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful beach club resorts, where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there's always plenty of time to play.
We're looking for friendly, energetic, and approachable people who can build rapport with ease. Individuals who can instil confidence that every element of a Neilson holiday is delivered by a team who cares.
Please note: All Neilson Active staff are DBS-checked.
Job Criteria & Responsibilities
- Ensure that your team consistently delivers outstanding watersports instruction in line with the RYA syllabus and the Neilson programme.
- Develop positive working relationships with all departments.
- To maintain excellent customer service and ensure the highest health and safety standards are followed.
- Create a beach environment that is always safe for both staff and guests.
- Oversee the maintenance, repair, and security of all Neilson beach equipment.
- Ensure that the appearance of the beach area, the racks and the simulators always meet guest expectations.
- Liaise regularly with your Activity Manager to order any required spares and equipment.
- Organise your team's work rota around your Watersports Instructor qualifications and RYA session ratios.
- Lead your team by example, ensuring a smooth daily set-up and pack-down.
- Ensure that your team is proactively assisting all guests using the equipment on the beach.
- Work in line with your centre-specific operating procedure manual based on the standard operating procedure for your beach and RYA standards.
- Update and adapt your centre-specific operating procedure manual regularly.
- Ensure you stay up to date with local legislation and that the beach operation always aligns with these laws.
- Monitor all aspects of the beach operation for any risk and update your report daily if required.
- You will deliver ongoing training to motivate and develop your instructors to ensure Neilson consistently provides the highest level of instruction.
- Coordinate with all departments to support hosting social events and deliver briefings.
- Be prepared to move between resorts if required by the operational needs of the business.
- Be flexible and willing to assist in all duties as requested by your line manager.
- Airport transfers: As the first point of guest contact, you will ensure that your team is confident in consistently delivering excellent, personable, informative, and efficient airport transfers to and from the resort.
- Coordinate the set-up of the beach and hotel at the start of the season and the pack down of the resort at the end of the season.
First Aid Certificate
A valid First Aid certificate is a prerequisite for ALL Neilson Active job roles. The First Aid certificate acquired with your Instructor qualifications is valid for three years, so please ensure that your First Aid is up to date.
If your First Aid has expired, you must identify a course that covers the RYA First Aid requirements via the RYA website linked below:
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Royal Yachting Association (RYA) - Senior Dinghy and Windsurfing Instructor qualification - (Including a Power Boat Level 2 certificate).
- One or more of the following qualifications are desirable: Intermediate Planing Windsurf instructor - Advanced windsurf instructor - Foiling dinghy/windsurf instructor.
- A solid understanding and knowledge covering the use of watersports equipment and the associated safety procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to deliver fun, engaging, safe and informative Dinghy or Windsurfing sessions.
- The ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- A dynamic and flexible approach to adapting weather conditions.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Flexible to work all the required hours with your team to get the job done well.
- Ability to deliver fun, engaging, safe and informative tuition.
- To be skilled in safety procedures and on-water rescue practice.
- In-depth understanding of the current sailing and Windsurfing industry
- Ability to assist your team and guests with rigging and de-rigging dinghy and windsurf/beach kit.
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation and instruct in English.
- Please see the qualifications overview linked here: https://jobs.neilson.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/Qualification-Guidance.pdf
If you would like to gain the required qualifications for this job, please contact UKSA via the link below:
Working for Neilson
There is so much to be gained from working anywhere within our programme. The people skills, the life skills, the confidence you'll develop, and the overall experience will stay with you forever. You’ll have the time of your life, you’ll make a bunch of new mates, you’ll enjoy mad adventures, and you’ll create stories you’ll be telling for years.
The package includes:
- Highly competitive salary.
- Shared accommodation is provided – No bills to stress about.
- Meals included - Breakfast, lunch, and dinner while on duty.
- Inclusive travel to and from resort.
- Any visa/permit requirements will be sorted for you (UK Passport holders).
- Full training, including E-learning packages.
- Progression via our jump up/Jump higher programmes.
- Your uniform is provided specific to your role.
- Days off & holidays.
- Mate's rates & family holiday discounts.
- Emergency medical & dental insurance (UK residents)*.
- Neilson Academy – Opportunities to obtain additional qualifications.
- Feel free to use the resort equipment in your spare time if it's available.
*EU residents are required to make separate insurance arrangements - The HR team will provide more details after a job is offered.
Neilson Active Holidays
Summer resort jobs
Customer Services Work, Holiday Rep Jobs, Managers Roles
April – November
Up to £1200 PCM gross + Shared accommodation + flights, meals + great overall package.