IMPORTANT INFORMATION – Please read before proceeding with your application.
- Please avoid submitting multiple applications - Only apply for the job you are most suited for. You will have the option to note interest in alternative roles during the application process.
- To work for Neilson, you MUST be over the age of 18 on or before the date you are available to start work.
- We are a UK-based company operating within the EU - To obtain the required legal documents to work for Neilson, you MUST hold a valid UK or EU passport. Alternatively, you must already have the legal right to work in either Greece, Italy, or Croatia.
The Head Bike Guide is a senior resort position. Ideally, we need our Head Bike Guides to be qualified MIAS Level 1 or 2 Bike Leader or equivalent.
You must be reliable, confident, and friendly. You'll also need strong leadership skills, a mature attitude, and respectable experience within the cycling world.
You will ensure that your Bike Team consistently deliver an outstanding guiding service. Your team will confidently interact with guests from all walks of life at varying fitness levels.
You will look out for the welfare of your team and oversee the maintenance of your bike fleet. Ultimately, you will ensure any guests wishing to join our rides have a safe and enjoyable experience.
In addition to your regular guiding duties, you will also work closely with our Children's Activity Leaders to run kids' sessions introducing younger riders to the sport.
Neilson Bike Guides must be passionate about cycling. The team needs plenty of stamina and a high personal fitness level to keep up with our extensive daily guiding programme.
Working for Neilson is more than a job; it's a lifestyle. Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful beach club resorts, where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there's always plenty of time to play.
We're looking for friendly, energetic, and approachable people who can build rapport with ease. Individuals who can instil confidence that every element of a Neilson holiday is delivered by a team who cares.
Please note: All Neilson Active staff are DBS-checked.
Job Criteria & Responsibilities
- Lead and motivate your team to deliver a brilliant Bike Guiding service in line with the Neilson programme.
- A passion for road cycling or mountain biking - Ideally both.
- Extensive knowledge/experience of either road or mountain biking.
- Take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair, and security of all Neilson equipment.
- Prepare suitable experience and ability-based rides.
- Demonstrate and deliver effective techniques to accommodate varying levels of fitness.
- Actively promote the cycling programme to increase participation.
- Ensure bike supplies are always well monitored and stocked.
- Inform the line manager promptly when orders are required.
- To assist with training new or peak season guides with the knowledge and skills to deliver the Neilson cycling programme.
- To ensure the highest standard of health and safety is adhered to.
- To fully advise guests on the practical/safe use of all equipment.
- Ensure that the appearance of the bike centre areas always meets guest expectations.
- To organise/host social events and briefings.
- Be prepared to move between resorts according to the operational needs of the business.
- Be flexible and willing to assist in all duties as requested by your line manager.
- Airport transfers - As the first point of guest contact, you'll be confident and consistently deliver excellent, personable, informative, and efficient airport transfers to and from the resort.
First Aid Certificate
A First Aid certificate is a prerequisite for ALL Neilson Active job roles. Your certificate MUST be valid for the duration of your contract, which we will validate as part of your onboarding process. At a minimum, your First Aid Course MUST be an attended full-day practical course.
We also encourage anyone working closely with children to consider obtaining their Paediatric First Aid at Work certificate; however, this is not an obligation for the job.
You can search for First Aid at work courses via the link below:
- Red Cross – https://www.redcrossfirstaidtraining.co.uk
- St Johns Ambulance - https://www.sja.org.uk
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Minimum qualification - MIAS fundamentals, Level 1 or 2 Bike Leader or equivalent.
- Cytech Level 1 or above would be benefical.
- Extensive personal knowledge of bike maintenance and repair.
- An understanding of current cycling developments.
- A solid understanding and knowledge covering the use of the bike equipment and the associated safety procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Flexible to work all the required hours with your team to get the job done well.
- Ability to deliver fun, engaging, safe and informative tuition.
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation and instruct in English.
- The ability to work well, independently, as part of a team, and to maintain effective working relationships.
- Please see the qualifications overview linked here: https://jobs.neilson.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/Qualification-Guidance.pdf
Working for Neilson
There is so much to be gained from working anywhere within our programme. The people skills, the life skills, the confidence you'll develop, and the overall experience will stay with you forever. You’ll have the time of your life, you’ll make a bunch of new mates, you’ll enjoy mad adventures, and you’ll create stories you’ll be telling for years.
The package includes:
- Highly competitive salary
- Shared accommodation is provided – No bills to stress about.
- Meals included - Breakfast, lunch, and dinner while on duty.
- Inclusive travel to and from resort.
- Any visa/permit requirements will be sorted for you (UK Passport holders).
- Full training, including E-learning packages.
- Progression via our jump up/Jump higher programmes.
- Your uniform is provided specific to your role.
- Days off & holidays.
- Mate's rates & family holiday discounts.
- Emergency medical & dental insurance (UK residents)*.
- Neilson Academy – Opportunities to obtain additional qualifications.
- Feel free to use the resort equipment in your spare time if it's available.
*EU residents are required to make separate insurance arrangements - The HR team will provide more details after a job is offered.
Neilson Active Holidays
Head Bike Guide
Adventure Centre jobs
Management, Mountain & touring bikes, Working with children
April – November
Up to £810 PCM gross + Shared accommodation + flights, meals + great overall package