IMPORTANT INFORMATION – Please read before proceeding with your application.
- Please avoid submitting multiple applications - Only apply for the job you are most suited for. You will have the option to note interest in alternative roles during the application process.
- To work for Neilson, you MUST be over the age of 18 on or before the date you are available to start work.
- We are a UK-based company operating within the EU - To obtain the required legal documents to work for Neilson, you MUST hold a valid UK or EU passport. Alternatively, you must already have the legal right to work in either Greece, Italy, or Croatia.
To be considered for this role, you must hold an NVQ Level 3 Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair, an equivalent qualification, or relevant engineering/mechanical experience.
Working for Neilson is more than a job; it's a lifestyle. You'll spend the entire summer maintaining our yacht fleet at the beautiful Vounaki Beachclub sailing centre in Paleros, Greece.
If you're an experienced Flotilla Engineer, that's great! If you've never worked with yachts before but have sufficient mechanical know-how and are confident with diesel engines, 12-volt electrics, and basic plumbing, don't worry. We would also love to hear from anyone with an agricultural & car mechanic background as these skills are all transferable.
Happy interacting with our guests, locals, and other team members, you'll be able to diagnose and repair a variety of breakdowns. Motivated by a challenge, you'll be ready to deal with any problems, albeit at sea or back at base.
You will thrive in an environment that combines your sense of adventure with the satisfaction of resolving various mechanical and electrical faults.
Although a sailing qualification is not essential for this role, it is desirable to have an ICC sail as a minimum. We will support the training for this in resort and encourage all staff to take advantage of this opportunity.
Vounaki Beachclub has a stunning choice of flotilla routes suitable for all abilities and levels of experience. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there's always plenty of time to play.
Ideally, we're looking for full-season staff from April to early November. We will consider candidates with shorter availability dates, but operationally, those with a combination of the best dates and qualifications will always take preference.
We're looking for friendly, energetic, and approachable people who can build rapport with ease. Individuals who can instil confidence that every element of a Neilson holiday is delivered by a team who cares.
Please note: All Neilson Active staff are DBS-checked.
Job Criteria & Responsibilities
- Efficiently manage your time and your tools to get each job done correctly.
- As a team, you'll provide guests of all ages and abilities with a safe, enjoyable, and highly memorable flotilla experience.
- To be flexible with your time to manage the maintenance of the yacht fleet.
- To maintain good working relationships with local suppliers for the provision of services to the flotilla and our guests.
- To maintain effective communication with the Yacht Manager.
- The Yacht Team will ensure that the appearance of the Yacht Marina area always meets guest expectations.
- To help set up, pack up, and assist all guests using Neilson equipment and facilities daily.
- To ensure the highest standard of health and safety is adhered to.
- Take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair, and security of Neilson equipment.
- Be flexible and willing to assist in all duties as requested by your line manager.
First Aid Certificate
A First Aid certificate is a prerequisite for ALL Neilson Active job roles. Your certificate MUST be valid for the duration of your contract, which we will validate as part of your onboarding process. At a minimum, your First Aid Course MUST be an attended full-day practical course.
You can search for First Aid at work courses via the link below:
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Relevant engineering experience – Mechanical/electrical - Ideally both.
- NVQ Level 3 motor vehicle or equivalent qualification is highly beneficial.
- VHF License would be highly beneficial.
- Knowledge of 12V electric systems would be highly beneficial.
- Customer service experience would be highly beneficial.
- Mature approach and attitude to work.
- A solid understanding and knowledge covering the use of equipment and the associated safety procedures.
- The ability to think on your feet and solve problem while under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible to work all the required hours with your team to get the job done well.
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation in English.
- The ability to work well, independently, as part of a team, and to maintain effective working relationships.
- Please see the qualifications overview linked here: https://jobs.neilson.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/Qualification-Guidance.pdf
If you would like to gain the required qualifications for this job, please contact UKSA via the link below:
Working for Neilson
There is so much to be gained while working with Neilson. The people skills, the life skills, the confidence you'll develop, and the overall experience will stay with you forever. You’ll have the time of your life, you’ll make a bunch of new mates, you’ll enjoy mad adventures, and you’ll create stories you’ll be telling for years.
The package includes:
- Highly competitive salary
- Shared accommodation is provided – No bills to stress about.
- Meals included - Breakfast, lunch, and dinner while on duty.
- Inclusive travel to and from resort.
- Any visa/permit requirements will be sorted for you (UK Passport holders).
- Full training, including E-learning packages.
- Progression via our jump up/Jump higher programmes.
- Your uniform is provided specific to your role.
- Days off & holidays.
- Mate's rates & family holiday discounts.
- Emergency medical & dental insurance (UK residents)*.
- Neilson Academy – Opportunities to obtain additional qualifications.
- Feel free to use the resort equipment in your spare time if it's available.
*EU residents are required to make separate insurance arrangements - The HR team will provide more details after a job is offered.
Neilson Active Holidays
Flotilla Engineer / Mechanic
Chief Engineer, Engineer, Second Engineer
April – November
Up to £1460 PCM gross + Shared accommodation + flights, meals + great overall package