~ Please only apply to 1 of our job listings, we will consider you for all roles you're suitable for. ~
Alderney and The Moorings
Looking for somewhere new to explore? Keen to live a short walk from beautiful white sand beaches? Searching for a place where you can find the perfect life-work balance whilst saving money and working alongside a team of like minded people? Join our team on Alderney, in The Channel Islands. Alderney has something for everyone: stunning beaches, wildlife, history, plentiful restaurants, pubs, beach BBQs, sports, camping, fishing, a week long summer festival, and a cosy winter season.
We want our staff to embrace island life and the community – there is plenty to do and the more you put in, the more you get out!
The Moorings is a fun, relaxed and sociable place to work, we’re looking for staff who are energetic, friendly, and have a passion for great food and customer service.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Responsible for the smooth running, success and profitability of The Moorings restaurant.
- Ongoing development of bistro – style menu and seasonal specials in line with our ethos.
- Ensuring food is delivered consistently and to the highest quality at all times.
- Maintaining excellent relations with our on-island suppliers, using local and seasonal produce where possible to showcase what our island has to offer.
- Assisting with recruitment, induction and ongoing training of the kitchen team.
- Active line management of the kitchen team – monitoring welfare, encouraging a good work/life balance and professional development in the team.
- Working with the GM and Moorings managers to set and maintain targets.
- Managing menu costing, kitchen accounts, schedules and any other admin necessary.
- Contributing creative ideas to drive sales and support the community with foodie events.
- Creation of bespoke function menus and assisting with outside catering.
- Working closely with The Georgian House Head Chef to ensure alignment of menus and costs.
Skills and experience needed
- Minimum Two years’ experience in a similar role, ideally in a fast paced, casual dining establishment.
- Previous experience designing high quality menus which can be delivered at volume.
- A keen financial awareness in order to achieve target margins.
- A great team player who is confident managing a team, maintaining the good relations with our suppliers and understanding the needs and feedback of our customers.
- A strong understanding of health and hygiene requirements.
- Highly organised with a high level of attention to detail and computer proficiency.
- Previous work on events, weddings and outside functions is a bonus.
- They will have a great work ethic, positive attitude, energy and a passion for great food and shared ethos in working with and celebrating the finest of locally sourced produced.
- Competitive salary plus tips paid weekly.
- 2 Consecutive days off per week.
- Outgoing flight from the UK.
- Discount on food and beverage at The Georgian House.
- Staff accommodation.
- Accommodation discounts for family and friends.
- Holiday pay.
- Meals on duty.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Your birthday off.
When applying, please include the following in your cover letter (please note we will not consider applications without a cover letter)
- Where are you currently based?
- Do you have the right to live and work in the UK?
- What appeals to you about working on Alderney?
- What dates are you available to work from and until?
- Why do you think you’re the right person for this role?
Other positions are also available at our sister businesses on Alderney - please send an email for more information.