~ Please only apply to 1 of our job listings, we will consider you for all roles you're suitable for. ~
The Georgian House – Housekeeping & Breakfast Host
Alderney and The Georgian House
Looking for somewhere new to explore? Keen to live a short walk from beautiful white sand beaches? Searching for a place where you can find the perfect life-work balance whilst saving money and working alongside a team of like minded people? Join our team on Alderney, in The Channel Islands. Alderney has something for everyone: stunning beaches, wildlife, history, plentiful restaurants, pubs, beach BBQs, sports, camping, fishing, a week long summer festival, and a cosy winter season.
We want our staff to embrace island life and the community – there is plenty to do and the more you put in, the more you get out!
- To take responsibility for the overall experience of hotel guests. Ensuring that the building and bedrooms are clean, well presented and welcoming for our guests.
- Conducting daily cleaning, room changes and refreshes. Deep cleaning when necessary. Reporting any damages and repairs.
- Striving to improve our high standards of cleanliness throughout the property.
- Working alongside the Office and management team to ensure the highest level of customer service to guests during their stay. Encourage customer feedback and work alongside management to action improvements as necessary.
- Interacting with guests through greeting and checking in guests and hosting of breakfast service.
- Maintain and oversee all levels of stock for housekeeping.
- Assisting in other areas of the business as necessary.
- Skills and experience needed
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in an housekeeping role.
- Previous experience working front of house, hosting guests and delivering a high level of customer service.
- High level of Attention to detail.
- Experience in a high end hotel or private residence preferred but not essential.
- Excellent communication both with colleagues and guests.
- Great attitude.
- Competitive salary plus tips paid weekly.
- 5 days work per week, 2 days off.
- Discount on food and beverage at The Georgian House.
- Staff accommodation.
- Accommodation discounts for family and friends.
- Holiday pay.
- Meals on duty.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Your birthday off.
When applying, please include the following in your cover letter (please note we will not consider applications without a cover letter)
- Where are you currently based?
- Do you have the right to live and work in the UK?
- What appeals to you about working on Alderney?
- What dates are you available to work from and until?
- Why do you think you’re the right person for this role?
Other positions are also available at our sister businesses on Alderney - please send an email for more information.
The Georgian House
Host / Housekeeper
Hotels & Guesthouses
Breakfast Staff, Housekeeping
Start April-June 2024. End date TBC