IMPORTANT INFORMATION – Please read before proceeding with your application.
- Please avoid submitting multiple applications - Only apply for the job you are most suited for. You will have the option to note interest in alternative roles during the application process.
- To work for Neilson, you MUST be over the age of 18 on or before the date you are available to start work.
- We are a UK-based company operating within the EU - To obtain the required legal documents to work for Neilson, you MUST hold a valid UK or EU passport. Alternatively, you must already have the legal right to work in either Greece, Italy, or Croatia.
Working for Neilson is more than a job; it's a lifestyle. Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful beach club resorts, where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there's always plenty of time to play.
As Resort Host, you're the boss of fun! You'll be the go-to person for our guests; therefore, you'll need to be highly available, approachable, and visible throughout the resort.
Personality is key, and your primary responsibility will be to assist with all guest relations duties. You will cover multiple airport transfers and support the delivery of all resort entertainment, ensuring we consistently exceed guest expectations.
You'll require a beautiful combination of excellent interpersonal skills and an outgoing personality. You must be friendly, approachable, efficient, reliable, assertive, conscientious, and fun!
Anyone stepping into this role must be highly charismatic, be able to use a microphone effectively and hold an audience. You'll be able to create an air of excitement that helps to keep anyone staying in the resort entertained throughout their holiday.
Airport transfers are essential to the guest journey, and first impressions matter. With multiple arrival days, airport transfers will be critical to your role. You will ensure that every guest receives a warm welcome upon arrival and a smooth send-off at the end of their stay.
You will form an integral part of the airport transfer team, covering multiple arrival and departure transfers. You will confidently manage flight delays, lost luggage, and check-in issues.
You'll spend a lot of time dipping in and out of all the available activities in the resort. You will take every opportunity to chat with guests around the resort, in the restaurant or dining at the 'social table' in the restaurant.
Although it's not essential, any experience as a musician, singer or entertainer would be highly beneficial; however, the primary qualification for this role is a big infectious personality.
You'll regularly communicate with all heads of departments to discuss how they can help promote your entertainment activities/evenings around the resort.
You'll be a visible presence around the resort and keep an open line of communication with our guests to maintain rapport and ensure that any issues are addressed/rectified without fail.
Ideally, we're looking for full-season staff from April to early November. We will consider candidates with shorter availability dates, but operationally, those with a combination of the best dates and qualifications will always take preference.
We're looking for friendly, energetic, and approachable people who can build rapport with ease. Individuals who can instil confidence that every element of a Neilson holiday is delivered by a team who cares.
Please note: All Neilson Active staff are DBS-checked.
Job Criteria & Responsibilities
- With a 'hands-on' friendly approach, you'll ensure positive guest relations, and the highest levels of customer service are maintained daily.
- Assist with promoting and ticket sales for non-inclusive events such as BBQ night to maximise guest attendance and drive sales.
- Organise and host the evening entertainment to maximise guest participation and drive sales.
- Plan and host a variety of daytime entertainment, including active events, excursions, and competitions to fit around the existing programme.
- You'll involve the whole team in planning memorable evening events for our guests.
- Ensure that all events align with Neilson security, health, and safety standards.
- Implement activities in the event of bad weather.
- Create and implement an imaginative sales and marketing plan that will promote and raise awareness of the entertainment programme to ensure maximum guest attendance.
- Regular and effective communication with the resort management team to monitor feedback and income targets.
- To take centre stage at the weekly briefing to promote the weekly entertainment programme.
- To be highly visible and always present around the resort.
- To quickly establish guest relations.
- Always adopt a friendly, approachable manner with all guests and staff.
- Demonstrate excellent resort knowledge and understanding of Neilson products.
- Pro-actively cross-sell our holidays
- Identify any problems affecting our guests, assist and escalate to your line manager wherever necessary.
- Ensure supplies are always well monitored and stocked.
- Inform the line manager promptly when orders are required.
- To assist with training new or peak season staff.
- Ensure that the appearance of the public areas always meets guest expectations.
- Be prepared to move between resorts according to the operational needs of the business.
- Be flexible and willing to assist in all duties as requested by your line manager.
First Aid Certificate
A First Aid certificate is a prerequisite for ALL Neilson Active job roles. Your certificate MUST be valid for the duration of your contract, which we will validate as part of your onboarding process. At a minimum, your First Aid Course MUST be an attended full-day practical course.
You can search for First Aid at work courses via the link below:
Experience and Skills Required
- Strong personal presence with the ability to demonstrate focus, energy, and tenacity.
- Adaptable, self-motivated, and able to motivate, influence and inspire.
- Ability to create and adapt Neilson advertising adhering to the correct company standards.
- Knowledge of creating a well-rounded entertainment programme suitable for families while still appealing to a wide range of guests.
- Fantastic communication skills.
- A very confident public speaker with solid microphone skills.
- Previous experience in creating an entertainment programme would be beneficial.
- The ability to swim and the will to participate in water-based activities would be beneficial.
- Confident in setting up and maintaining PA sound systems or willing to learn quickly.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Previous overseas experience would be beneficial.
- The ability to sing or play a musical instrument would be highly beneficial.
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation in English.
- The ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work well, independently, as part of a team, and to maintain effective working relationship.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Flexible to work all the required hours with your team to get the job done well.
- Please see the qualifications overview linked here: https://jobs.neilson.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/Qualification-Guidance.pdf
Working for Neilson
There is so much to be gained from working anywhere within our programme. The people skills, the life skills, the confidence you'll develop, and the overall experience will stay with you forever. You’ll have the time of your life, you’ll make a bunch of new mates, you’ll enjoy mad adventures, and you’ll create stories you’ll be telling for years.
The package includes:
- Highly competitive salary
- Shared accommodation is provided – No bills to stress about.
- Meals included - Breakfast, lunch, and dinner while on duty.
- Inclusive travel to and from resort.
- Any visa/permit requirements will be sorted for you (UK Passport holders).
- Full training, including E-learning packages.
- Progression via our jump up/Jump higher programmes.
- Your uniform is provided specific to your role.
- Days off & holidays.
- Mate's rates & family holiday discounts.
- Emergency medical & dental insurance (UK residents)*.
- Neilson Academy – Opportunities to obtain additional qualifications.
- Feel free to use the resort equipment in your spare time if it's available.
*EU residents are required to make separate insurance arrangements - The HR team will provide more details after a job is offered.
Neilson Active Holidays
Summer resort jobs
Customer Services Work, PR Jobs, Sales Jobs
April – November
Up to £670 PCM gross + Shared accommodation + flights, meals + great overall package