The Welfare Manager leads the Welfare and Safeguarding within centre to create a safe and healthy environment for students, Group leaders and staff and is the main contact for Welfare, Safeguarding, and administration in centre.
In some centres, they oversee the rooming allocation of clients and staff according to regulatory guidelines and best practice, which could include accreditation compliance, damage checks, and relations with all stakeholders.
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of all students, Group leaders and staff in centre
- Responsible for checking original staff documentation and completing of the Single Central Register with support from the Centre Manager.
- Maximise student and Group leader satisfaction by ensuring their experience meets or exceeds their expectations.
- Ensure the correct implementation and subsequent follow ups of the Welfare and Health & Safety systems under guidance from the Centre Manager and Head Office are in place.
- Responsible for ensuring meal provision numbers are accurate and submitted to the host provider in a timely manner.
- To train the centre team in Welfare and Safeguarding procedures.
- Taking appropriate action under guidance from the Centre Manager, Head Office and/or professional bodies where issues of health, safety or welfare arise.
- To assist with any relevant centre administration and cover the Centre Manager in their absence.
- To be approachable and provide an environment where students, Group Leaders and staff can disclose any concerns in confidence throughout their stay.
- Overseeing the care and supervision of individual students.
- Responsible for the team of Guardians and ensuring appropriate induction, training and relevant documentation is recorded and available in a timely manner.
- Ensure all students' dietary, medical, and additional needs are reviewed and relevant stakeholders informed.
- To assist the management team with students arrivals, departures and welcome orientation.
- Responsible for the departure transportation planning and logistics.
- Reviewing accurate rooming allocation.
- To carry out residential supervision duties, including meal and bedtime supervision as required.
- To support the centre teams to meet operational needs.
- Ensuring all relevant documentation is up-to-date, accurate and available to the Head Office team as required.
The job holder will be expected to operate in accordance with the company’s Code of Conduct, and any local policies and operating procedures relating to academic, welfare and safeguarding matters.
Employees are required to cooperate fully with all arrangements in place related to Health and Safety which include implementation and compliance with control measures resultant from risk assessments and engagement with, and completion of, any relevant Health and Safety training.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent/or working towards
Additional qualifications desired:
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Safeguarding Level 1 and 2
- Experience working with juniors
- Experience in a role involving organisation or hospitality
- A high degree of IT competency- Outlook & MS Office (specifically Excel)
- Experience working with under 18s
- Management experience
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to lead and inspire a team
- Ability to deal and resolve complex problems and issues
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrates the ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people
- Demonstrates emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours
- Demonstrates a positive attitude to the use of authority and maintaining discipline
- Demonstrates an exceptional level of attention to detail
- 6 days out of 7 (1 day off per week)
- Full board accommodation included
To help you better understand your potential earnings throughout the duration of your contract, we have prepared a sample weekly earnings calculation. This is based on the assumption that you do not take holiday during your employment and instead have it paid out on completion of contract.
Weekly Gross basic pay up to : £740.61
Holiday Pay : £89.39
TOTAL Pay : £830.00
Disclosure and Barring Service:
If you do not have an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring certificate and are not registered on the DBS update service, we will need to apply for a new Enhanced DBS for you. Please confirm this at the time of application.
Equality and Diversity:
Equality and diversity are at the heart of everything we do. Our learning opportunities are open to everyone, regardless of their background and circumstances, and we apply the same standards to the staff we employ.
Embassy Summer – International Summer Camps
Camp Counsellor Jobs, Camp Office & Administrative Jobs, Summer Camp Management Roles
July - September
Our competitive Management weekly pay is inclusive of full-board accommodation