Alpine Elements Ltd is a medium sized tour operator specialising in ski and summer beach & alpine activity holidays operating throughout France, Greece and St.Anton, Austria, with their sister company iGO SKi offering short ski breaks. We employ up to 200 overseas, seasonal staff, in addition to a permanent head office team, working all year round to deliver the best product for our clients and support for our employees.
The Housekeeper Supervisor works closely with the team of Room Assistants to deliver the highest levels of cleanliness throughout the Hotel. You will oversee and manage a small team of Room Assistants to ensure guest bedrooms, corridors, and public and back of house areas of the property are clean and tidy at all times. You will ensure that the hotel always meets the company targets for: Trip Advisor, Trust Piolet and Holiday Watchdog reviews, First Impressions, Electronic Customer Satisfaction Questionnaires for cleanliness, creating an inviting & relaxing atmosphere and staff efficiency. This is a hands-on role where the primary aspect of your role is the cleaning of rooms, public and back of house areas, whilst also supervising a small team.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- To ensure that the Hotels guests expectations are exceeded at all times
- To assist the Hotel Manager in ensuring the smooth running of the Hotel to company standards specifically with regards to the cleanliness throughout the Hotel
- Completing weekly accounts and stock takes for housekeeping to set deadlines using this information to ensure that all budgets and targets are being meet
- Providing staff motivation and development throughout the season where needed
- To develop and maintain relationships with all suppliers
- To assist in ensuring that all sales targets are being achieved throughout the season and helping to initiate and implement new incremental sales
- Internal: Hotel Manager, Assistant Hotel Manager, Heads Of Department, Hotel General staff
- External: Suppliers, Property Owners.
Person Specification (assessed via application, assessment centre or interview as appropriate):
Each of the criteria below is rated as Essential (E), Highly Desirable (HD) or Desirable (D). We place considerable emphasis on your Personal Qualities as the training and support we provide can often strengthen any weaknesses that exist in other areas.
- Strong social/People skills/Cheerful/Outgoing (E)
- Highly Motivated (E)
- Passionate / Enthusiastic (E)
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team (E)
- Ability to cope under pressure (E)
- Willingness to work hard / long hours (E)
- Adaptable / Flexible Attitude (E)
Skills & Ability
- Customer Service (E)
- Communication Skills (E)
- Problem Solving and Complaint Handling (E)
- Planning Organisational Skills (E)
- Literate and Numerate (E)
- IT / Admin / Social Media (E)
- Training Mentoring (E)
- Relevant Transferable work Experience (E)
- People/ Team management / Supervisory Experience (E)