The Bar/Restaurant Supervisor works closely with the Hotel Manager to deliver excellent customer service and seamless delivery of all beverage services including afternoon tea.
You will oversee, manage, develop and inspire the Hotel/Bar Assistants to ensure that the Hotel staff are performing to the best of their ability at all times.
The Bar/Restaurant supervisor will implement, market and advertise incremental sales initiatives for the bar/restaurant, ensuring that staff are actively upselling.
You will ensure that the hotel always not only meets but exceeds company standards in regards to efficiency of service, cleanliness and creating an inviting and relaxing atmosphere.
You will be a prominent figure in the Hotel to our guests where you will be readily available to help with any questions and queries they may have, having an outgoing and bubbly personality is a must have!
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- To ensure that the Hotels guests expectations are exceeded at all times
- To assist the Hotel Manager in ensuring the smooth running of the Hotel to company standards specifically with regards to the Restaurant and Restaurant service
- To assist the Hotel Manager in ensuring the smooth running of the Hotel to company standards specifically with regards to the bar area
- Completing weekly Bar accounts and stock takes to set deadlines and using this information to ensure that all budgets and targets are being meet
- Train and develop the hotel team with regards to the Bar and Restaurant area through motivation, coaching and performance management throughout the season
- To develop and maintain relationships with all suppliers
- To ensure that all sales targets are being achieved throughout the season and helping to initiate and implement new incremental sales ideas
- Internal: Hotel Manager, Assistant Hotel Manager, Head Chef, Sous Chef, Heads Of Department, Hotel General staff,
- External: Suppliers, Property Owners.
Person Specification (assessed via application, assessment centre or interview as appropriate):
Each of the criteria below is rated as Essential (E), Highly Desirable (HD) or Desirable (D). We place considerable emphasis on your Personal Qualities as the training and support we provide can often strengthen any weaknesses that exist in other areas.
- Strong social/People skills/Cheerful/Outgoing (E)
- Highly Motivated (E)
- Passionate / Enthusiastic (E)
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team (E)
- Ability to cope under pressure (E)
- Willingness to work hard / long hours (E)
- Adaptable / Flexible Attitude (E)
Skills & Ability
- Customer Service (E)
- Communication Skills (E)
- Problem Solving and Complaint Handling (E)
- Sales Experience (E)
- Planning Organisational Skills (E)
- Literate and Numerate (E)
- Training Mentoring (E)
- Relevant Transferable work Experience (E)
- People/ Team management / Supervisory Experience (E)
- Secure Cash Handling Experience (E)