Would you like the opportunity to combine your work with travel? Mark Warner invites you to join our team as Kitchen Assistant where your workplace becomes one of our charming winter resorts!
As Kitchen Assistant, you'll be an integral part of our resort team. You will play an important role within our catering operation to ensure that the kitchen is kept to a high standard of cleanliness. You will be heavily involved in many areas, including the operation of dishwashers, assisting with food preparation and checking deliveries. This superb role enables you to learn all aspects of how a kitchen works and can be a stepping stone into a catering career.
And it's not just about the role you play in a stunning location; it’s the people who make our team exceptional. Join a community of like-minded individuals who share your enthusiasm for customer-facing roles. You’ll forge lifelong friendships, create long-lasting memories, and be part of a team that feels like a family.
- Previous experience working in a commercial kitchen
- Fast paced worker
- UK/EU passport holder
- UK National Insurance or EU Social Security number
- UK/EU bank account
Skills & Abilities
- Hard working and demonstrate professionalism
- Good leadership and communication skills
- Infectious enthusiasm, presenting a ‘can do’ attitude that inspires and motivates those around you
- Team player, thriving in a collaborative environment
- Calm and friendly demeanour
- Organised, flexible and proactive
- Good problem solving
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene in the kitchen
- Washing and disinfecting kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls
- Ensure all crockery, cutlery, glasses, serving dishes, kitchen equipment and utensils are kept to a high standard of cleanliness, are properly stored and available when required
- Operating dishwashers and other equipment
- Unload and unpack deliveries, which may include heavy items
- Remove and recycle (where necessary) kitchen waste
- Assist with basic food preparation
- Devise and manage hotel rotas and timesheets in line with local laws and legislations
- Ensure compliance with local laws and legislations – overseeing and managing legal documents in preparation for the event of an inspection
- Monitor and control all hotel budgets, costs and monies
- Proactively increase hotel revenue
- Overall responsibility for accurate and timely financial reporting
Please note this job description is an overview of the role, there may be additional responsibilities which will be made clear to you by your manager.
Mark Warner ensures that all your needs are met for a successful season in the mountains! In return for your hard work we offer an attractive package including a competitive seasonnaire salary, and opportunities for career progression. We are always looking to enhance our staff benefits so to ensure our package is up to date, please see our website, or contact the recruitment department.