If you are outgoing and passionate about teaching people to sail then this is the role for you. As one of our 4 yacht trainers you will work hands-on teaching guests each week. Guests will often have little or no experience of sailing and it is your role to teach them how to stay safe afloat and how to enjoy sailing.
BeyondBeach are looking for an outgoing individual who is passionate about teaching people to sail. As one of our 4 yacht trainers, you will work hands-on teaching guests each week. Guests will often have little or no experience of sailing and it is your role to teach them how to stay safe afloat and how to enjoy sailing. You will have a natural ability to deliver exceptional customer service. It’s all about being professional and friendly at all times.
You will take charge of a boat and a group of guests for the week, getting to know your guests and sailing with them every day. You will teach guests to sail following a pre-written program and working towards their ICC qualification. You will be responsible for standards of safety and tuition on your boat. You must have a thorough understanding of the BeyondBeach Operations Manual, the IYT teaching syllabus, and the holiday package.
You will have a list of weekly tasks that you and the other trainers take it in turn to carry out, such as: welcome briefings, boat checks, H&S audits, stock checks, boat cleaning, preparing welcome packs, laundry supervision, boat cleaning, maintenance reports, exam marking, certificate applications. You will also enjoy attending evening activities such as the Welcome Meal, and an early evening Coffee and Questions sessions.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Complete the weekly Trainer Checklist.
- Plan teaching sessions.
- Deliver yacht training to guests.
- Ensure daily and weekly maintenance records are checked and boat logbooks completed.
- Understand the Operating Procedures and ensure they are adhered to at all times.
- Understand Emergency Action plans and know how to contact key support resources i.e. Port Police, Fire, Ambulance, and Management.
- Help with guest arrivals, welcome chats, and social events.
- Clean and prepare boats on arrival days.
- Deal with guest enquiries promptly and conscientiously.
- Provide ongoing basic maintenance of all yachts.
- Deal with first aid needs.
- Upsell local revenue sources, as and when applicable.
- RYA Coastal Skipper
- RYA Yacht Master (desirable)
- RYA Dinghy Instructor (desirable)
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- Valid First Aid certificate
- Yacht or Keelboat teaching experience
- Basic yacht maintenance experience
- Confident problem solver
Key Package Info
- Visa funding
- Flights provided
- Accommodation provided
- Variable meal allowances depending on job role
- Competitive salary
- Free use of hotel pools and watersports equipment
If this sounds like the job for you then please get in touch today, head to our website to read the full job description and package details.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Don't delay apply today....
- Step 1: Click APPLY FOR THIS JOB to complete name and contact details.
- Step 2: Click APPLY NOW to complete the full job application form.