Workers Guide to Sports and Outdoor Centres in England


If its an outdoor sport you are looking to work in then the centre you choose should be registsered with the AALA (Adventure Activities Licensing Authority). There is a comprehensive database on the AALA website of activity providers who are registered with the Licensing Authority. Click here for more info.

England is rammed with Outdoor Adventure Centres, Sports Camps, watersports centres, sports grounds and clubs. There is also a very strong seasonal summer market for outdoor and watersports staff. Obviously for mountain sports you’ll need to head North but for watersports and other outdoor pursuits the country is well catered for which means plenty of places to work, especially in the summer.

If you have a coaching qualification you could also try football clubs and camps where there is still a strong requirement for skilled staff, especially in the summer when kids take part in skills camps and residential sports holidays. The same is present, although not on the same scale in Rugby, tennis and other traditional sports. Some experience in these centres can set you up for a season in the USA or further afield.

Latest Jobs

Chalet Host Cookery Course, 2 weeks

With: The Avenue Cookery School

Intermediate Chalet/Yacht Cookery Course, 1 week

With: The Avenue Cookery School