An opportunity like no other; to live, work and play in the mountains this winter! We are looking for friendly, enthusiastic and passionate staff to join the team.
You will be responsible for running the day-to-day finances of the hotel. You will oversee the accounting and control systems and the production of accurate weekly accounts liaising with the Head Office accounts team and supporting the Hotel Management team.
- Ensure timely and accurate production of the weekly resort accounts
- Monitor stock usage and income across departments
- Process supplier delivery notes and invoices across departments
- Set up and maintain the hotel till and stock system
- Reconcile and control the hotel’s petty cash transactions and transfer relevant details on to Senior Accountant/Hotel Manager
- Prepare staff wages summaries
- Ensure completion payment forms are completed and signed off in a timely and correct manner upon staff leaving employment
- Reconcile and process daily credit card income
- Develop a good relationship with the Hotel Manager and Assistant Manager and provide support to all departments as a member of the Heads of Department Team
- Degree in Maths and/or Finance or at least 2 years’ experience in accounting/bookkeeping
- Excellent numerical skills and an eye for detail
- Demonstrate a good understanding of basic bookkeeping and double entry methods
- Excel competent
- Previous experience working within hospitality or an understanding of seasonal work is desirable
- UK/EU Passport holder
- UK National Insurance Number
- UK bank account
You will be provided with a competitive salary and benefits package including all meals, discounted drinks, use of hotel facilities, friends and family holiday concessions and opportunities for progression and development. As the season offers ample opportunity for time on the slopes Mark Warner will also assist you with organising everything that’s needed for a successful season in the mountains.
Providing both winter and summer holiday packages puts us in a unique position to offer plenty of opportunities for career progression. Whether you are looking for a short-term challenge or long-term career development, Mark Warner supports whatever path you choose.