Are you a looking to develop your skills; work with exceptional products; deliver treatments in world class spas; an work a winter season? This could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for!
We are recruiting full time massage therapists for both our Portes du Soleil and Tignes-les Brevieres portfolios. This is a genuinely exciting opportunity that commences with in-depth training at the Bamford Spa headquarters; ‘The Haybarn’. Following this you will be confident in delivering bespoke massages to our clients using Bamford’s signature organic range. You will be responsible for driving treatment bookings by engaging with clients and the wider team to embrace the brand and promote the full range of treatments, whether an indulgent 2.5 hour Signature treatment for a non-skiing guest, or indeed a popular apres ski Bamford deep tissue massage. Delivering these treatments to guests directly from the chalets you will have access to beautiful treatment rooms within 5 star spa facilities.
When you’re not massaging and proactively seeking bookings, you will help to maintain spa facilities, massage rooms and monitor stock levels. You will also promote the sale of Bamford retail items to our clients. You will be working alongside the resorts chalet teams and will need to keep them motivated and informed to maximise sales. This will require organisation and planning, great communication skills and motivation to train the teams in everything Bamford as well as using unbooked massage slots to provide promotional messages to clients or as rewards to the wider team. You will meet some amazing people, both your guests and of-course your colleagues. It'll be hard work but hugely rewarding. Whilst we have extremely high expectations of our team, we also strive to create a positive environment for our staff. We structure our roles into realistic shifts so you can be sure you will enjoy a positive work-life balance with plenty of time to explore everything the resort has to offer. We operate a continuous professional development programme with sessions running throughout the season giving you the chance to develop broader skills to progress your future career, wherever life may take you. For now though, why not join us for a winter season in the spectacular surroundings of the French Alps.
- Deliver signature Bamford Spa treatments across our portfolio of luxury properties
- Manage massage slots liaising with the company concierge, chalet managers and directly with clients to maximise efficiency and fill available slots. Work alongside existing support therapists at busy times.
- Proactively upsell Bamford products reaching and exceeding targets on a weekly basis
- Manage stocks, stock movement and re ordering
- Support management of spa facilities such as pools, hot tubs and treatment rooms and maintain accurate client records (training given)
- Assist in the wider team when required
Skills & Experience
- Certified (EU recognised) in deep tissue Massage, Swedish massage, Hot Stone massage, Body Scrub and Facials ideally with additional Sports Massage/Beauty Treatment qualifications
- Insured with appropriate cover to deliver treatments in the EU
- Flexible and independent – able to cope well with varied and changing tasks and environments
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills - proficient in English
- Ideal candidates would also hold a full driving license (ideally with own transport in the PDS mileage reimbursed) and be confident of driving in winter conditions
- EU Passport and/or the right to live and work in France
Benefits We offer a highly competitive salary and our flexible benefits scheme is market leading giving you the chance to define your own package to suit your needs - our packages include:
- Highly competitive salary & performance-linked bonus scheme
- Excellent pre-arranged seasonal accommodation (shared room)
- Lift pass (local or full area)
- Ski/board and boot hire
- Meals whilst on duty
- Personal insurance
- Comprehensive training programme and ongoing professional development opportunities
To apply please email your CV and a Covering Letter detailing your suitability for the role by clicking on "Apply Now"