We are looking for a highly capable, natural host with a flair for superb hospitality to act as our in-country manager for the 2020 season in Transylvania (Romania). The successful applicant will lead our team of local guides and hosts, ensuring our guests experience exemplary customer service throughout their time with us.
You will be expected to host a minimum of ten trips during season (each 5 or 6 nights). Trips tend to consist of between 8 and 12 guests in private parties, although occasionally the guests do not know each other.
In addition to hosting you will be expected to prepare for each trip and to work with our local team to keep improving the TSC product.
April will be used for training and orientation, both in the UK and in Transylvania. Our first guests arrive at the very end of April 2020. May, June, early July, September and October represent our high season and you will be hosting guests throughout these months. A typical month during this period will involve hosting 3 or 4 trips.
In late July and August we occasionally welcome guests and you may be required to host. However, depending on demand, we may also ask you to undertake other tasks within the business, such as hosting guests in the UK, researching new destinations or working out of our head office in Putney, south London.
In the past our country managers have chosen to take the off-peak weeks as unpaid holiday. We’re also open to this.
- Ensuring the high level of service expected by TSC guests is maintained throughout the 2019 season
- Hosting our guests throughout their time with us
- Organising trip logistics for all our trips in Transylvania. This involves ensuring all trips are ready to go – ordering wine, buying trip supplies, managing TSC merchandise, keeping TSC base organised
- Working closely with our English-speaking local guides and acting as the contact between them and our London office
- Managing the trip you are hosting (i.e. ensuring all trip elements are ready, organising the guides, driving support vehicle, ensuring all guest bags move to the next guest house, picking up cyclists who want a break, assisting laying tables for picnics etc.)
- Cycling/walking with guests (maximum 2 half-days per trip)
Skills & Experience
- An ability to deliver world class travel and hospitality experiences
- Strong management and organisational skills
- A genuine passion for travel, hospitality, local cultures and people in general
- An upbeat, ’can-do’ attitude
- A good level of physical fitness
- An ability to get on with anyone, wherever they are from
- A genuine eye for detail and the very best customer service
- The ability to think quickly and problem solve
- A genuine interest in Eastern Europe and/or Romania/Greece
- Experience in the hospitality/service sector (beneficial, not necessary).
- Once briefed, a clear understanding of TSC brand
- A valid EU/UK driving licence.
- First Aid training (if not, we will train you).
Pay & Benefits
Monthly salary upon application. On top of your salary you can expect good tips. The following benefits will also be provided:
* accommodation in Transylvania from mid-April to end October* 2 x return flights during the season* use of our TSC vehicle for work purposes
Although this role does not involve any commitment beyond 31 October 2020, when we find great people we like to try and find ways to welcome them into our team long-term or to get involved in other exciting opportunities, where possible.